Wednesday, February 27, 2008

GOOD ADVICE

My husband, Steve, has always had a saying that we as a family have to follow. Sometimes it's easier to react, but I admit, it is always for the best. The saying is simple...."never make a decision when you are sick". Sick meaning, angry, sad, depressed, hurt, frustrated, offended. Maybe you can think of other emotions that I did not mention.

For those of us who are reactors, this does not come easy most of the time. It seems harder when it is something against your children, or a family member or close friend, but I can name several times that if we had made a decision when we were "sick", it would have been a wrong decision.

3 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

That is good advice! He has a lot of that!

Mandy said...

That's kept me out of a lot of trouble and kept me from quiting a lot. We can get defensive, but we never think right when we're not whole

peggy said...

Not a comment on this one but on the Sonic debacle. I am surprised you did not call to tell that tale. That would have been a great commerical. You are the best and I loved the Kind. stories. Peggy