Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Opposites

Steve & I have been married for 21 years. I remember before I even knew who he was, I was always amazed that he was always at church serving. We became friends and then best friends and then 2 years later we were married. I have never met anyone who has a servant's heart like Steve. He always puts others, especially his family, before himself. He and I are different in so many ways.


Steve is content all the time. I am some of the time, but not for very long.

Steve is a very generous giver. I would like to be, but have reservations.

Steve likes SciFi. I like Lifetime.

Steve likes to cook. I would rather eat out.

Steve likes to read. I don't like to read.

Steve has a sense of humor (weird sometimes) I don't have one.

Steve never worries or stresses out. I seem to always be stressed about something.

He has the gift of prophecy and tends to be blunt. I have more mercy and worry about others.

Steve likes to be early and always on time. I like to be on time and hope not to be late.

Steve likes to watch OU football at home. I would rather be at the OU games.

Steve has a certain way to load the diswasher. I just want to get it loaded.

Steve likes to take a break after dinner and then clear the table. I want to clear the table right after we eat.

Steve forgives and forgets. I forgive....

Steve can see the "big" picture. I can't

Steve can stay focused on one thing and gets it done. I tend to get distracted and start many things and seem to never get any of them finished.

I'm sure there are a lot more. We'll have to see what else Steve has to add. :)
Guess there is some truth to opposites attract.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

So true..So true.

-The Mountain Man- said...

"Guess there is some truth to opposites attrack."

He can spell, you can't.

drama momma said...

Mandy, so who are you most alike?

mountain man....ha ha....I changed the spelling.

Mandy said...

Gee--this might be hard to decide...I think I'm 99.9% daddy and 1% you (I would always rather eat out, less prep time and clean up time). See, I did inherit things from you :)

Robin Meadows said...

TEENA! You are too hard on yourself!! LOL

You talk about yourself as if those are something bad----they're NOT!! You are AWESOME!! And you are also one of the most giving people I know.
You always: offer an encouraging word, open your home (even when you don't want to), think of others first, make a way for the impossible to happen, love your children in a mighty way, work hard, and love children. Those are just quick answers---there are MANY more excellent qualities you have! Love YOU!