Tuesday, February 19, 2008

GOOD, BETTER, BEST

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest.
Until your good is better
and your better is best.

This can apply to everything in our lives. As I have been reading about Martha and Mary, I hate to admit it, but I relate more to Martha. I want to be more like Mary. She knew what was important and didn't let the business of her life and other responsibilities keep her from focusing and spending time with Jesus. I want my prayer life and my time spent with God to increase and my business to decrease.

I'm reading a book named A WOMAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART. A woman after God's own heart is a heart committed to prayer. I listed a few blessings that come with a heart of prayer.

1. Deeper relationship with God
2. Greater Purity
3. Confidence in making decisions
4. Improved relationships
5. Contentment
6. God's confidence
7. Ministy in Prayer

I will comment on these on some of my next blogs.

1 comment:

Robin Meadows said...

Love that book! Hey, when you know how to be a Mary, can you teach me? LOL

Really, I'm such a do-er....I want to learn to be a be-er.

Sure am enjoying your posts!