Friday, February 22, 2008

KINDERGARTEN DAYS

My kindergarteners were so amazed today. It was too cold and wet to go outside and we didn't have substitute for PE, so after we finished all of our work, we did movement. First we started with CD's. Then I got the record player out and some of my albums. They said "Wow! Those are the biggest CD's we have ever seen!" Then one of my girls, said, "Oh my grandma has those." (Tells how old I am.)

Yesterday we were making a book about animals. When we finished drawing cows, one of my boys yelled out...."We forgot to put the thing that do's the milk!

Last week, one of my boys brought some money for a movie. I told him to put the money where no one could find it....meaning in his backpack. My assistant came in and saw him on the floor behind one of my shelves. When she asked him what he was doing, he told her that he was hiding his money where no one could find it.

One of my favorite stories happened several years ago. We were practicing for an OKLAHOMA program. My class was going to sing OKLAHOMA. I had 8 students who held large letters to put in the air when we said the letters at the end of the song. I had one student who could not get the timing right. We started over and over. Finally, I told him to listen for his cue. Well, he got all upset and said, "Qq? Qq? There's no Qq in Oklahoma.

I wish I had written down everything that has been said for the last 25 years and put it in a book. I probably could have retired early.

1 comment:

Robin Meadows said...

Funny! OK - so start writing them down NOW! So cute!