Sunday, February 17, 2008

GRIPPED BY THE GREATNESS OF GOD

I have been going through some emotional and spritual trials. Part of the reason, I believe, is some medication that I have been taking for my thyroid. I have been depressed and irritable and have had no patience for anything or anyone. I felt like I was a walking time bomb ready to explode at any time...and a few times I did! I cried out to God, but didn't feel like He was hearing me. I know that I serve a great and faithful God, so I prayed and prayed and kept crying out to Him.

I ran out of medicine and missed 2 days of taking it. I can't believe how much better I have felt. I'm so thankful that God didn't let me go. I didn't know what was going on, but I do know that I didn't like this person that I had been and I certainly wasn't bringing honor to God with my words or actions.

We began a study of "GRIPPED BY THE GREATNESS OF GOD" in our LifeGroup tonight. When we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us James 4:8. Has there been a time when you have been "gripped" by the greatness of God...when you are in total surrender and in awe?

1 comment:

Robin Meadows said...

There have been plenty of times when I didn't know if I was going to make it---but I did. He DOESN'T let go!! And THAT is awesome!