Saturday, February 23, 2008

WORRY

I confess...I'm a worrier. If you looked up worry in the dictionary, my name would probably be listed in the definition. Everytime there is a sermon on it, I feel like the spotlight is on me. If you are a worrier, go to www.lifechurch.tv to view the message. It will definitely speak to you.

The opposite of faith is worry. We trust God and have the faith that He will forgive us and save us, but when it comes to the every day things of this life, we worry and do not trust God. Instead of telling God how big our problem is, we need to start telling our problem how big our God is.

I am a "what if" person. What if this happens? What if we can't pay this? What if I don't do this right? I could go on and on. When these thoughts come to our minds, we need to take captive of those thoughts and renew our minds with the promises of God.

Philippians 4:6-8 (New International Version)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

If you are reading this, please pray for me that I will trust God in ALL things and not worry about ANYTHING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have not fully given it to God that is why you worry. You say all the words but you don't do it!
Has God ever failed you? Has He never been there for you? What does it take? For you to SEE Moses part the waters? When you really decide to give it to God then your worry days will be over. Make your words real. When a negative thought comes in just say NO! Think of something else or some of your own words you would tell others. LET GO!

drama momma said...

Anonymous,

You are so right. I know He is faithful and no He has never failed me. I do need to do what I tell others when they are in some of the same situations. I think most of the time when we give advise to others we are speaking to ourselves.

Robin Meadows said...

Well, you may be a worrier....but I'm seeing some GREAT progress to letting go! Hang in there!

Love you.