Monday, February 11, 2008

STORMS IN OUR LIVES

I have never liked storms. I don't like thunder and I don't like lightening. I really don't like tornadoes. Just knowing one might be coming our way makes me nervous and I switch from one station to another to see where and when they are coming. I'm always so thankful when the storms are gone.

I don't like storms that we go through in our lives either, but then who does??? One of my former pastors once said that the biggest storm in our lives is between our ears. That is so true with me. In my heart, I know that God is always faithful. I know that He will always be there for me and will never let me go. I know that He loves me no matter what. I know that all things are possible, but my mind doesn't always line up with what my heart knows and believes. Forgive me, Lord, for not trusting You in all things.........


James 1:2-5 (New International Reader's Version)

2 My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. 3 Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. 4 The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need.
5 If any of you need wisdom, ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone. He doesn't find fault.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow. It is storming as I am reading your blog. I like that verse. Most of the time when I go through a "storm" I do not want to read that verse. It amazes me how God takes a trial and uses it to build my character up.
When it is storming I like to be at home and wraped up in bed. Just like when I am going through a trial I want to be with God (not all the time). I want Him to take me and wrap me in His love. The love of a God - in control. The love of a Father - security, gentale, and confidence.The love of my Lover - holding my hand, at times carring me, wispering encouragement, and desiring to do it with me. How amazing He is.
When the disciples were afraid of the storm Jesus was calm. He was accually sleeping. With just a word He calmed the storm. Our God can calm a storm - I know this and yet I don't always believe it. How dissapointing.

drama momma said...

Sometimes he calms the storm, but sometimes he calms the child.

Lori said...

I like that!!! So true!