Thursday, April 17, 2008

TESTS

This has been a week of "testing" at our house. I've been giving 5th graders CRT's. Today we did the Social Studies part. I don't know how many of you have ever watched the show ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER, but I am definitely not smarter than a 5th grader in Social Studies, which includes history and government. I sure wouldn't have passed it.

Mandy has taken Calculus tests, AP Government tests and her ACT test this week. Robby took his 8th Grade Reading test today. To be able to drive at 16 you have to pass the 8th grade Reading test. He did pass it. Thinking about Robby driving is a little scary... :), but we are glad that he did pass it. Neither one of them would have had another chance to take the tests if they had not passed them the first time.

Aren't you thankful that God doesn't give us just one chance to pass the tests that we go through? I sure am. He lets us take the test as many times as we need to learn something that He is trying to teach us or making us into the person that He created us to be.

3 comments:

Taylor Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

And I'm just beginning all the tests I'll be taking in the next two weeks...ouch! So when I come home at night, and don't speak...it's not because I don't want to, but just because I'm so braindead from the day :)

drama momma said...

Taylor,

I'm so sorry....I didn't mean to delete your comment. I didn't even know that I did!