Monday, April 21, 2008

CHANGE

There are lots of changes going on at the the Edmond Campus. Lots of contruction, lots of anticipation of what's going on and what it's going to look like. Lots of memories of what it used to be like. Why is change easy for some and harder for others?

When we first merged with LifeChurch 7 years ago, there were so many changes and so much negativity. We were involved in many areas and heard a lot of complaining. We chose as a family that we were not going to be involved with any of the negative complaining about the changes. We started serving at the OKC campus on Saturday nights. We never felt the division of the two churches because we were involved at both campuses.

They have begun contruction at the Edmond Campus. There have been several comments again about the changes. What did they do with the stain glass, why is worship so different, it's so sad the front lobby is gone....we have a lot of memories in the front lobby. I even had someone comment about the trees being taken out.

God reminded me of a verse that He showed me when we first merged. As I see the changes happening again and hearing the comments, I am going to remind myself of this verse.

Isaiah 43:18

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I'm doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?

5 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

Oh I love that verse! So full of hope and promise! I, for one, am thrilled for the changed.

Robin Meadows said...

Oh...this just makes my heart smile! Yay!! NEW is good, and positive and fresh. He's constantly reminding me that His ways are not MY ways! LOL

Mandy said...

I'm so excited for all these changes!! A new building is great! It's old anyway...and people who are complaining--I think they're just looking for something to complaing about. :)

michelle wyatt said...

you encourage me! thanks!

Nicole Knox said...

We are so blessed to have your family in our lives! Thanks for always being there for the Knox's. We love you.