Friday, March 7, 2008

MANDY

It's been a crazy week. Here it is midnight and I am just getting a chance to blog. Our daugther, Mandy, is 18 today. Wow...it's so hard to even imagine. Where did the time go?

We did not find out what we were having, so we were very anxious to have our baby. We went to the hospital at 9:00 p.m. and she was born at 1:02 a.m. I had brothers and nephews, so I was so excited to have a girl! There were no children on Steve's side so needless to say, everyone was so happy to have a girl. She had a full head of hair and was beautiful! The doctor's first impression was whether it was a boy or girl, it was a furball.

Watching her grow up and mature has been amazing. Mandy has always been independent and very mature for her age. She is a straight A student and excells in almost everything she does. She has always been very confident and pushes herself to always to better.

Mandy has been working with the Kid's team at church since she was 12. She has trained many staff and volunteers. She could not wait until she was 18 so she would be old enough to work for the church. This has been a dream and prayer of hers for a very long time.

It's going to be exciting to see all what God is going to do in her life.

Happy Birthday, Mandy! We are so proud of you and love you very much.

Mandy's blog is thisismemandy.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Ahh...they grow up WAY too fast! She is a great girl....you SHOULD be proud!

Love her---and YOU!

peggy said...

from Grandma... What a dear she is! I just can't believe she is that old tho. I am so proud of her. I only want the best for her, and I wish I could do more like send her to CU which I know Steven would never allow anyway!! Love you both so much, G

Mandy said...

THANKS!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

HI! Glad I found you! 18 years. I'm having a hard time reconciling with the fact that i have a 9 year old, 8 year old and a 3 months old. They'll be grown before I know it, won't they!?